Monday, April 14, 2008

Editors Understand...

As an editor, you need a pen that isn't black or blue to have contrast from the printed word. Red sends all kinds of "red flags" to people's brains because of all the lovely teachers we've had. (I've been paid to edit for 13 years, and I still react to red marks.) So, special colored pens are an editor's joy. My job has been especially emotional lately. Thus, colored pens to the rescue. It's really crazy how a "sunset orange," "fandago pink," "margarita green," or "hot aqua" pen can make all the difference.

2 comments:

Thordr said...

I always hated the glaring red marks on my papers in school, you could always tell who didnt do well by the amount of blood on thier papers

Kennis said...

What brand are they?? I'm in serious need of some color in my life right now :).